Monday, October 21, 2013

Really? i mean... really????

https://www.tresors.com.au/index.php/porcelain/beautiful-vase-by-bishop-and-stonier-with-cactus-design.html

I came across a wonderful (yes, wonderful) vase by Bishop & Stonier - the like of which i have never seen before.  Ok, so it's rare, it's attractive and it's B&S.  It's also in Australia.  But would i really pay $1200au for it? I think not.  Although I would of course like to think there were pieces in my collection worth that kind of money, despite Homes & Antiques magazine predicting a return to favour for Victoriana, I just can't see B&S making a figure like this just yet....yet....  but perhaps the market is more bouyant in Oz?


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.