Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tureens - what does one do with them now?

I have a decorating dilema - having bought a Powell & Bishop tureen with a charming chinoiserie design, I'm wondering what the best way to display it would be? it's too wide to fit in my cabinet which has very shallow shelves and it seems odd to display it on the mantlepiece. And as I live in a small flat with no room for a dining table, there is nowhere else that makes logical sense. I suppose it shall just have to remain where it is, between two gilt frames which display family photos of long dead ancestors - but who actually lived contemporary to when the tureen was manufactured. This is just one example of where collecting can start to drive you insane...when it doesn't match the curtains!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.