Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Deep Shade of Green

ok, i'm jealous. Green. Saw these and wanted them - but no available funds at present. The ribbon jug above is a design i had seen previously with a pint bow, at an antiques shop in Lewes. Their one was unmarked, but I just knew it had to be by Powell & Bishop because of the ivory colouring. Then I saw this one for sale with the factory attribution so I was pleased to have been proved right. This amazing chamber pot has to be the most wonderful expression of Victorian taste - they even decorated their pots for peeing in! How decandent is that.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.