Sunday, November 16, 2008

In Hot Water

This is second spoon warmer to be added to my collection - like the other one, it is based on a shell and other marine life. Although it is not marked with the China man mark of Oriental Ivory, I feel certain that it would've been sold as such. I simply love the orange coral shaped handle and the hand painted limpets. One wonders what this might have looked like on a dining table at the turn of the 20th century with a whole dinner service based on sea life - quite amusing, but also quite stunning. How tastes change.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.