Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BBC Homes and Antiques Magazine - hurray for technology!

I have been an absolute devotee of the BBC's Homes & Antiques magazine for several years now and have a huge pile of back issues by my bed for some bedtime flicking. Infact, it's the only magazine that once it enters my flat, it never leaves again - unlike others such as House & Garden which gets recycled after a few weeks. I occasionally visit the website, but hadn't paid much attention to it, assuming it was just a brief summary site of the printed magazine. What I hadn't discovered until this evening, was that you can search back issues and Antiques Roadshow programmes for valuations of your chosen subject or maker. On searching for Stonier I found that in 1990 someone had taken their mothers collection of Oriental inspired plates by non other than Powell Bishop & Stonier to be valued. Whilst I was mightily miffed that I was NOT the first person to take PB&S along to a roadshow, and that actually someone had beaten me to the line in getting a piece filmed :-( , i was still thrilled to see that there was some credit given to this fab factory.
On the subject of the Antiques Roadshow, I can happily say that I had a dream come true moment on Sunday and appeared in the background as Hilary Kay was being asked about her "What would you save in the event of a fire?" interview. Did you spot me?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.