Monday, August 11, 2008

Flower Pots a.k.a Jardinieres

This beautiful flower pot, or Jardiniere has been in my collection for some time, but i've never known what to write about it except that it is beautiful and was the first piece of Bisto I bought at auction (excluding Ebay). The turquoise colour is also perfect for my living room. The pot was in a box lot of other pottery, mainly junk and mainly blue and white pieces including Spode and Wedgwood, but this was the only piece I was interested in. I almost lost my nerve when the bid got closer and closer to £40, but I kept going when my partner gave me the nod to say that it was ok. I'm glad I did because I adore this pot. The rest of the lot I gave to a friend who was at the same auction but refrained from bidding because he knew I wanted to win it so bad.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sometimes, life doesn't turn out the way you expected. And sometimes, it is exactly as it was 'meant' to be. I believe that life is a both a learning experience and an obstacle course to be climbed and clambered over in the most creative way possible! In doing so, you'll get to where you should be even if it's not where you'd imagined.